Home Alone

Coming home to an empty house is a double edged sword. Normally I am leaving in a few minutes to pick Fiona up from half day kindergarten, but today she goes home with a friend, giving me more minutes by myself to figure out what else I am going to do with my life.  It feels like very soon, Fiona will be going to first grade and I will be faced with another transition. A transition I thought would be postponed by another child, but that door has been closed. So here I am. What to do now. Apparently sewing, folk music, and clouds bring some large issues to mind. I have to admit, I am dabbling with the idea of saying, enough, to conventional schooling. I'm not sure how long my contrarian side can hold out at our local elementary. But, I don't want to have a knee jerk reaction to my own issues, that strangles my kids closer to me.  Although, I'm not sure if that is what that would be.  I just want to see clearly, but I have learned that there aren't easy answers to these questions. And there isn't necessarily a right or best answer either. Atleast, not the kind that is ever clear to me.

Almost finished.

Note* If you wish to avoid these types of streams of consciousness, I recommend not listening to Gillian Welch's Orphan girl on repeat.


Melissa Martin said...

It's really nice to hear someone talk out loud. Thanks.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

You and I appear to be suffering from a similar case of winter blues except mine has no folk music involved.;)

Great dress.